AFC Unity’s Board of Directors are excited to announce changes to our membership system and club’s structure, with the formation of AFC Unity Ultras and AFC Unity’s Advisory Group.
AFC Unity Ultras replaces our current membership system in a bid to engage members more in the running of the club and fosters a stronger and more interactive following of club activities including our 11-a-side team as well as our community projects.
AFC Unity Ultras members will be offered the following benefits, similar to the previous membership system:
- 25% off AFC Unity merchandise.
- 20% discount when purchasing services with club sponsor, CFM.
- Membership newsletter – including updates from the manager and player videos.
- Added to our general newsletter.
- Invitation to our end of season awards event and invitation to vote on a set supporter/member award.
However, additional to this will be the following benefits:
- Free pin-badge.
- Annual meeting/event with club personnel to be updated on what the club is doing, meet key members of the club including players and also have the opportunity to suggest ideas that the club can look at taking forward – this meeting will feed into the Board of Directors’ AGM.
- Events with members.
- Quarterly surveys sent out to club members to provide feedback to the club on its activities and direction, including the opportunity to suggest any changes or ideas that the club can look into implementing.
- Discounts from various local independent businesses, which we are working on developing.
The cost for membership is:
- £25.00 annual membership for waged
- £20.00 annual membership for unwaged or low-waged
- 10% discount if part of a trade union
We are currently working on developing a related campaign, following on from Football for Food, that will focus on tackling one of the causes of food poverty: lack of workers’ rights and poor working conditions.
Alongside the AFC Unity Ultras, the Board have also launched an AFC Unity Advisory Group, which will engage different people within the community to provide advice and guidance in relation to different aspects of the club and organisation as we develop, including in areas such as finance, marketing, business development and legal advice.
These changes will help the club develop and engage more people within this process.
For more information on how to become an AFC Unity Ultra please get in touch!