AFC Unity is one of the very few independent women’s teams not connected to a men’s club, in an era where football is becoming increasingly dominated by money – now, more than ever, affecting the sport for women and not just men.
AFC Unity is different. It’s legally formed as strictly not-for-profit but remains a limited company, professionalised in the way it operates, but still bringing people together for the love of the game beyond vested interests and the influence of profit. With campaigns raising donations to food banks and encouraging union membership, Unity’s spirit of solidarity and community is what drives the club.
The style of football played by AFC Unity is deliberately designed to reflect this ethos of positivity and collectivity, and the women involved are empowered to grow and develop as leaders together, providing positive role models. You won’t see any dives or theatrics here, just camaraderie, grit and determination!
AFC Unity’s status and dedicated approach automatically make the team the quintessential underdogs, and they need your support. Please come along and support the “Red Stars” as the 2017/18 season commences! It’s free to attend games, but you may want to buy a scarf, hat, wristband, or pin badge to show your support! Because we’re non-profit, every penny of proceeds go directly back into the running of the club and helps keep our high standards, from astroturf pitches to fairtrade footballs.
You can see updates on matches via our social media networks.
In addition, you can support us from near or far by becoming a member of our official supporters’ group, the AFC Unity Ultras!
The AFC Unity Ultras replaced our previous membership system in a bid to engage members more in the running of the club, and fosters a stronger and more interactive following of club activities including our 11-a-side team as well as our community projects.
AFC Unity Ultras members will be offered the following benefits, similar to the previous membership system:
- 25% off AFC Unity merchandise.
- 20% discount when purchasing services with club sponsor, CFM.
- Membership newsletter – including updates from the manager and player videos.
- Added to our general newsletter.
- Invitation to our end of season awards event and invitation to vote on a set supporter/member award.
However, additional to this will be the following benefits:
- Free pin-badge.
- Annual meeting/event with club personnel to be updated on what the club is doing, meet key members of the club including players and also have the opportunity to suggest ideas that the club can look at taking forward – this meeting will feed into the Board of Directors’ AGM.
- Events with members.
- Quarterly surveys sent out to club members to provide feedback to the club on its activities and direction, including the opportunity to suggest any changes or ideas that the club can look into implementing.
- Discounts from various local independent businesses, which we are working on developing.
The cost for membership is:
- £25.00 annual membership for waged
- £20.00 annual membership for unwaged or low-waged
- 10% discount if part of a trade union
Get in touch, either online or at a match! We look forward to your support!