The AFC Unity Ambassador programme is about encouraging AFC Unity’s 11-a-side players to become more involved in the activities of the club, given our increasing presence in the local community and the development of our football provision, especially our Solidarity Soccer initiative. It is designed to increase players’ confidence, experience, knowledge, skills and involvement with the wider community and club opportunities.
The intended outcomes of the Ambassador Programme include:
- Promoting female role models
- Providing women the opportunity to gain experience, confidence and skills that can help them outside of football
- Encouraging skill sharing amongst women
- Increasing the profile of the club
- Offering something that is unique and innovative in women’s football
- Reflecting on people’s personalised goals that have been provided to the club by women involved to help them fulfil their goals
There are several roles within the Ambassador Programme available including with our Solidarity Soccer programme, our Football for Food campaign, our community activities and networking and fundraising.